Spaghetti With Broccoli, Walnuts And Ricotta | Vegetarian Pasta
- 100g walnut halves
- 1 head of broccoli, about 400-500g
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Finely grated zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Here is a very delicious vegetarian spaghetti recipe. The light texture and creamy flavour of ricotta cheese makes the perfect backdrop to walnuts and broccoli in this deliciously simple and quick pasta dish.# Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 °F) Gas 4.
- Spread the walnuts out on a baking tray and oven-roast for about 8 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally, until they start to brown.
- To prepare the broccoli, trim off the gnarly part, about 2 cm from the stem end, and discard. Thinly slice the stem until you reach the point where it starts to branch into florets. Slice off the individual florets. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the stems and cook for about 2-3 minutes, turning often, then add the florets and cook for about 5 minutes, until the broccoli has softened. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon zest and walnuts and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce the heat to medium and stir through the ricotta and lemon juice. Season well and leave in the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and return it to the warm pan with the sauce. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.