Smorgasbord Recipes: New Yorker
- 1 large slice rye bread
- 1 1/2 oz (40 g) full fat cream cheese
- 3 thin slices smoked salmon
- 1/2 small red onion, cut widthways
- Spread the bread thickly with the cheese.
- Fold each slice of smoked salmon in half and arrange on the bread.
- Peel the onion, cut into rings and place over the smoked salmon. #COOK’S TIP# If the onion topping does not appeal, you can season the cheese spread with freshly grated horseradish instead. Mix 1/2-1 teaspoon horseradish with the cream cheese and spread the bread with this mixture.