Smorgasbord Recipes: Breakfast Special
- 2 thin bacon rashers
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Remove the rind from the bacon, and grill or fry in a little fat until crisp. Leave on one side.
- Lightly toast the bread and when cool, spread thickly with the mayonnaise.
- Wash the lettuce, dry well and place on the mayonnaise. Slice the tomato and arrange over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with the chives, if used, and top with the bacon rashers. #COOK’S TIP# You can stretch bacon rashers to make them thin. Lay them flat on a board and, holding them down at one end, pull the back of a knife blade right along their length.