Smorgasbord Recipes: Bavarian Cornets
- 1 large slice brown bread
- 1/4 oz (7g) soft butter
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- 1 small onion
- 2 oz (50 g) pickled red cabbage few drops lemon juice
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small slices cold roast pork
- 1 teaspoon strong mustard
- 1 tablespoon whipped double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black or green pepper
- Spread the bread with the butter.
- Wash the lettuce, dry thoroughly and place on the bread. Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Mix the red cabbage with the lemon juice and half the diced onion, add the sugar and season to taste.
- Place the red cabbage on the lettuce.
- Form the roast pork into con and arrange on top.
- Stir the mustard into the whipped cream, transfer to a piping bag fitted with a starshaped nozzle and pipe into the meat cones.
- Sprinkle with the remaining diced onion an coarsely ground pepper.