Shrimp Fu Yung Recipe (Foo Young)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped 4oz shrimp, peeled
- 4oz green beans, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 6 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- #This dish is perfect for lunch or an evening snack.# Heat 2 tbsps oil in a wok. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove and keep on one side.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste, and add the cooled shrimp mixture.
- Clean the wok and heat 1 tsp oil. Pour 4 tbsps of the egg mixture and cook like a pancake. When the egg is set, turn the pancake over and cook on the other side until lightly golden. Place on a warm platter and keep warm.
- To make the sauce beat the stock with the other sauce ingredients and stir over a gentle heat until the sauce thickens. Serve the pancakes with this sauce. #TIME# Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 4 minutes for filling and 3-4 minutes for each pancake.