Shrimp and Ginger Recipe | Chinese Seafood
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1½ lbs peeled shrimp
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped lengthways into 1-inch pieces
- 1 leek, white part only, cut into strips
- ¾ cup shelled peas
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch monosodium glutamate (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- #An age-old combination which has stood the test of time.# Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp to a dish.
- Reheat the oil and add the ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the leek, peas and bean sprouts. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning ingredients and return the shrimp to the wok. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Serve immediately. #TIME# Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 10 minutes. #BUYING GUIDE# Always buy bean sprouts on the day your intend to use them, as they deteriorate rapidly.