Seafood Recipe: Prawn and Mango Curry
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 400 ml/14 fl oz coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 24 large raw prawns, peeled
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander Salt
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a gentle heat, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice to the pan, stir to mix and simmer the curry sauce for 3 minutes. Add the ground almonds, prawns and salt to taste, then simmer the curry gently for a further 3 minutes until all prawns have turned pink and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir the diced mango into the curry and heat through for 1 minute. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Transfer the curry to a warmed serving dish, scatter over the chopped coriander and serve immediately.