Sea Bass Steaks With Fresh Beans Recipe
- 500 g / 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, and cut into thin strips and blanched, (save 3 tablespoons of the blanching liquid)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces sea bass steaks on the bone (250-300g / 10 oz each) rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/2 cup (or more) garlic bread crumb topping
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- #The combination of ingredients go well together. This is a grand meal in itself. Serve it with boiled or baked potatoes and a green salad of your choice.# Preheat the oven to 400 °F / 200 °C.
- Brush an oven-safe dish with olive oil. Place the blanched beans in the dish, spreading them out evenly. Drizzle the saved blanching liquid and oil all over the green beans. Season lightly.
- Then set the sea bass steaks in among the beans. Sprinkle with pine nuts and bread crumbs and drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Place the lemon halves in the dish.
- They will develop a sweet and mellow flavor as they cook, in which case they may even be eaten along with the fish. Slide the dish in the oven.
- If the crumbs brown too qiuckly just lay a piece of aluminum foil over the fish but continue cooking until the fish is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.