Sardines Topped With Tangy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 500 g / 1 lb sardines, scaled and gutted
- 3/4 to 1 cup Tangy Tomato sauce
- 1 Preserved Lemon, sliced or one lemon, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- #Another great oven baked recipe without a lot of effort. Why sardines? just because they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids (i.e. they are good for us). They are also easily available in every local fish market.# Arrange sardines in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Spoon sauce over fish. Top with slices of preserved lemon.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven uncovered until fish are done.
- Serve with Braised Leaves and Roasted Vegetables or very simply, serve with boiled potatoes.