Roquefort Croutons Recipe
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 100 g / 4 oz Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- #Spreading the cheese mixture on each crouton is tedious work in the kitchen but it is worth it. These croutons taste fantastic with soup or over salads. Try them with Cabbage and Potato Soup.# Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Cut bread into 2 cm cubes and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or more until beginning to crisp.
- Shake pan once or twice to ensure even browning. Mix cheese and butter with a fork. Spread one side of each crouton with the cheese mixture.
- Broil crouton (cheese side up) until cheese melts and browns. Sprinkle with sesame seeds immediately after removing from the oven and serve warm.