Roasted Squash, Feta And Sage Sauce Recipe
- 500 g butternut squash flesh, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 50 g pine nuts
- 200 g feta cheese, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Roasting the squash and onion first adds a slightly smoky flavour to this pasta sauce. You can use either butternut squash or pumpkin – in either case you will need a 750-g vegetable to yield 500 g of flesh.# Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F) Gas 7.
- Put the squash, onion, sage, 1 tablespoon of the oil and some seasoning in a roasting tin, toss well and roast for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden and cooked through.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the garlic, chilli flakes and a little seasoning for 2-3 minutes until soft, but not browned. Add the pine nuts and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Add the roasted squash, onions, sage and the feta, and stir well until combined. Serve at once.