Roasted Potatoes With Herb Dip Recipe
- 250 g / 1/2 lb podded peas
- A large handful of fresh coriander or parsley leaves, chopped
- A handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 spring onions, very finely chopped
- A good squeeze of lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- #Roasted Potato Wedges#
- 500g/1lb potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- #This tasty replaces ketchup in a sophisticated way. Serve this starter with several other vegetable-based antipasti and enjoy a glass of wine with it. Whenever I prepare starters, I always picture food on the table, friends and family around the table and a good serving of conversation and laughter. I guess this defines the joy of cooking for me.# Cook the peas in salted water until very tender. Drain and rinse to cool quickly. Put the peas, fresh herbs, garlic, vinegar and mustard in food processor.
- Pulse on and off until well chopped and homogeneous. Then pour the oil in a thin stream into the processor. The dip should have a thick consistency.
- Add more vinegar if too thick. Squeeze the lemon into the dip. Season with salt and plenty of pepper. Place into a bowl and stir in spring onions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate if prepared ahead of serving time, but bring to room temperature before serving. #Roasted Potato Wedges# Preheat oven 450 °F / 230 °C.
- Wash and brush the potatoes clean and pat them dry. First halve each unpeeled potato and then cut into wedges.
- Brush wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in the oven until wedges are browned and tender when pierced with a knife.
- Serve immediately with the sauce.