Roasted Eggplant And Tomato Sauce | Pasta Recipes
You should definitely try this delicious pasta recipe with eggplant and tomatoes. Eggplant is the key ingredient here and gives the sauce a lovely, meaty consistency. The addition of mint and lime adds a flavorsome twist.
- 2 eggplants, cut into 3-cm cubes
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g dried pasta, such as fusilli or fusilli bucati
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
- Put the eggplants, tomatoes and garlic into a roasting tin. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and mix. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, occasionally turning the vegetables, until the eggplants are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- Return the pasta to the warm pan. Add the roasted eggplants and tomatoes, then the shallot, mint, coriander and lime juice. Add the remaining oil and toss well to mix. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and serve immediately.