Roasted Beet Relish Recipe
- 500 g / 1 lb beets, trimmed and washed
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 3-4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- A few drops of hot pepper sauce
- #This easy to assemble relish is very tasty as well as being colorful on the plate. I created the recipe after having a very similar dish at a restaurant in New York several years ago. It is great served with boiled or grilled shrimp.# Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- Wrap beets in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until done (poke with a knife; if knife moves in without any resistance then they are done), Unwrap beets and let cool.
- Peel and chop up in food processor or grate coarsely. Transfer beets to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well to incorporate flavors. Let rest for half an hour. Set a ring mold on each plate and spoon about 1/3 cup or more relish into each mold.
- Spread evenly and press down to form an even round shape. Carefully lift off the mold. Then decorate each plate to your heart’s desire.