Recipes for Parties: Party Nests
- 8 oz (225g) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 punnet mustard and cress
- 3 oz (75 g) shelled walnuts
- 10 small rounds wholemeal bread
- Pinch each celery salt, garlic salt and ground ginger
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 strips canned pimiento
- 10 small rounds pumpernickel bread
- Parsley sprigs
- Cream half the butter with the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Snip the cress with scissors, rinse in cold water and leave to drain.
- Chop the walnuts. Spread the wholemeal bread with the butter and sprinkle cress round the edges. Place the chopped walnuts in the center of each round.
- Stir the celery salt, garlic salt, ginger and Tabasco into the remaining butter. Drain the pimiento and dice finely.
- Place the butter mixture in a piping bag fitted with a small starshaped nozzle and pipe round the edges of the pumpernickel bread.
- Fill the centres with the diced pimiento. Wash and dry the parsley, break into sprigs and use to garnish each round. (Use a pastry cutter to make the bread rounds.)