Pork And Parmesan Ravioli | Easy Pasta Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 quantity Fresh Pasta Dough, rolled (page 12) or 500 g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 quantity Tomato Sauce with Double Basil (page 119), warmed
- A handful of basil leaves, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Pork and cheese are not a common pairing, but they make a good match if full-bodied flavours such as garlic and sun-dried tomatoes are included in the mix. The filling can be made in advance and kept covered and refrigerated for up to a day.# Put the garlic, chilli and sun-dried tomatoes into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the pork, thyme, Parmesan, salt and pepper, then process again until evenly blended.
- Put a sheet of rolled pasta onto a lightly floured surface. Put tablespoons of the mixture in evenly spaced mounds on the dough, leaving about 4 cm between each mound. Cover with a second sheet of rolled pasta dough and, using your fingers, press firmly round the mounds to seal, excluding any air.
- Using a knife, cut lines between the mounds to make separate squares, about 8 cm each. Repeat with the remaining pasta and filling to make 20 ravioli squares in total.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add a good pinch of salt, then the ravioli, and cook for 3-4 minutes until they rise to the surface and are cooked through. Drain carefully and return to the warm pan. Add the warm tomato sauce and stir to coat. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls, sprinkle with the basil leaves, pepper and Parmesan, then serve.