Polenta Triangles With Parmesan Cheese Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup polenta or coarse cornmeal
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- #Another variation on the polenta theme. This version has a thicker consistency, is cooled until firm and cut into shapes. Each piece can then be baked in the oven or grilled until crisp and brown. Another way of serving oven baked polenta triangles is overlapping them in a buttered oven proof dish and topping them with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of melted butter. For the health conscious, a heathier version is to serve 2 pieces of oven browned polenta triangles with dollops of Tangy Tomato Sauce or Red Bell Pepper Sauce.# Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan over high heat, slowly add the cornmeal in a thin stream, whisking constantly.
- Lower heat and use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture until it is thickened for at least 35 minutes. Polenta will pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Pour the cooked cornmeal into a greased shallow dish. Spread it out to an even layer and cool for about 1 hour until firm. Do not refrigerate.
- Cut into triangles or any other desired shape with cookie cutters or a round glass moistened with cold water.
- Remove each piece with a spatula onto an oiled baking sheet and then brown in the oven or grill on a hot griddle pan.
- Serve on the side of any meat, poultry or vegetable dish you have prepared or simply top with sauce of your choice.