Poached Chicken Salad With Peaches Recipe
- #For The Salad#
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, slightly pounded (sea salt and water for poaching)
- 1 large peach, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander or parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- #For The Dressing#
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, toasted over low heat for one minute
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons or more peach relish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- #Tasty curried dressing teams up with poached chicken, peaches and fresh greens to make this main dish salad. This no-fuss salad was inspired by a recipe I have come across in a cooking magazine. Originally mango chutney was used. Although we can occasionally purchase mangoes in our local markets, I have chosen to substitute peaches which are more easily available.# First poach chicken. Place chicken in a saucepan over high heat with water covering all pieces. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add a few sprigs of thyme. Place a plate over chicken pieces to hold them under the boiling water. Just as soon as the water comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer until chicken pieces are cooked through. Then cool completely in liquid.
- Drain and cut into small pieces. While the chicken is cooling, prepare the dressing in a bowl by whisking together all the ingredients. If dressing is thicker than you would like, then thin down by adding more lemon juice.
- And finally toss chicken (cut into cubes), diced peaches, sliced celery stalks, fresh coriander, and dressing.
- Place lettuce leaves on each individual serving plate and top with chicken salad.
- Sprinkle almonds and serve with a chilled white wine and warm pita bread.