Plain Fried Rice Recipe | Chinese Style
Producing perfect rice is a must for lovers of Chinese food.
- 1lb long grain rice
- 1/4 tsp monosodium glutamate
- 2 tbsps oil
- Wash the rice in 4-5 changes of cold water. Drain the rice and put into a large pan or wok. Add sufficient cold water to come 1-inch above the level of the rice. Bring to the boil.
- Stir once and reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook gently for 5-7 minutes until the water has been totally absorbed and the rice is separate and fluffy, with the necessary amount of stickiness to be handled by chopsticks.
- Spread the rice out on a tray to cool. Sprinkle with the monosodium glutamate. Heat the oil in wok or large frying pan and add the rice. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes. #TlME: Preparation takes 5 minutes, plus cooling time, cooking takes 10-11 minutes.#