Plaice with a Herb Crust Recipe
- ¼ sun-dried tomato loaf, crusts removed, weighing about 3 oz (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mixed parsley, tarragon and chives
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, more for dish
- 1 oz (25 g) butter, melted
- 4 plaice fillets
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 yellow tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Rough tear the bread into pieces, place in a food processor and make into breadcrumbs. Put the breadcrumbs into a bowl with the herbs and mix together. Season with salt and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir in enough of the oil and melted butter to make the mixture moist.
- Meanwhile, put the plaice fillets, skin side down, on a sheet of greased foil on a grill rack. Season to taste, dot with butter and spread with the herb mixture. Place the fillets under a preheated moderate grill and cook for 10 minutes until the fish are done.
- Arrange the plaice fillets on a bed of onions and tomatoes or other vegetables and serve at once.