Penne With Mascarpone, Spinach And Pancetta Recipe
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500 g dried penne
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- 200 g young spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This simple recipe is ideal for family meals or any unexpected guests. The combination of creamy mascarpone and salty pancetta is hard to beat.# Heat a large frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the pancetta and garlic and cook until the fat runs and the pancetta is crispy and golden.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons of the cooking water, and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, put the mascarpone in a small saucepan, add the reserved water and heat through gently. Add to the pasta with the Parmesan and a generous grinding of black pepper, and stir well.
- Add the spinach and garlic and pancetta, including the fat from the frying pan, and stir well. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
- Variation Instead of spinach, try rocket or lightly cooked leeks, peas, broad beans, French beans or carrots.