Pasta With Green Pesto Recipe
- #For The Green Pesto#
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves, hard stems discarded
- 1 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 10 walnut halves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 -1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 580 g / 1 lb uncooked pasta of choice, my choice being linguine.
- #The pesto recipe is a variation to the basic one with the additional taste of peppery arugula and fresh parsley. This pasta recipe is definitely one of my favorite ones because it is healthy as well as being tasty. (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups)# Place the 3 different kinds of green leaves, walnuts, garlic and olive oil in food processor. Mix until mixture turns into a smooth paste. Add cheese and broth. Pulse until combined. Taste and season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Throw 2 cloves of peeled garlic into the pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente or according to package directions.
- Save about 1/3 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and combine with pesto in a large bowl. If pasta looks dry add some of reserved warm water.
- Serve with a salad of sliced tomatoes topped with fresh basil leaves and crumbled feta cheese.