Pasta With Fresh Tomato | Easy Spaghetti Recipes
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 350 g dried spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese, to serve
- #This sauce is best made as soon as the new season’s tomatoes arrive in the shops, especially the vine-ripened varieties. If you don’t have a gas hob, simply plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for 1 minute, drain, refresh and peel the skin.# Holding each tomato with tongs or a skewer, char them over a gas flame until the skins blister and start to shrivel. Peel off the skins, chop the flesh and put into a bowl. Add the oil, chillies, garlic, basil, sugar, salt and pepper and leave to infuse while you cook the pasta (or longer if possible).
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and immediately stir in the fresh tomato sauce.
- Serve at once with the grated cheese.