Pasta With Cheese: Parma Ham, Rocket And Bubbling Blue Cheese
- 300 g dried pasta, such as pappardelle or lasagnette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 Bleu de Bresse or mini Cambozola cheeses, 150 g each
- 2 tablespoons Marsala or sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- A handful of rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #The Parma ham crisps up beautifully in a non-stick frying pan – other cured hams can also be used, such as serrano, San Daniele or speck.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Heat a little of the oil in a frying pan, add the Parma ham and cook for 1 minute on each side until crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Add the remaining oil to the pan. When hot, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until split and softened.
- Meanwhile, cut each cheese in half crossways, put cut side up under an overhead grill and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Break the Parma ham into pieces and add to the tomato pan. Add the Marsala or sherry, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the warm pan. Add the Parma ham and tomato mixture and toss gently to mix. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and sprinkle with rocket. Using a spatula, slide a bubbling cheese half on top of each. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve immediately.