Pasta Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin With Sage, Lemon And Mozzarella Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, drained and coarsely chopped
- 50 g butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped sage leaves, plus extra whole leaves, to serve
- Grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 300 g dried pasta, such as fusilli bucati or cavatappi
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Tantalizing pockets of melting garlic butter flavoured with herbs and cheese complement the succulent chunks of roast pumpkin in this tasty autumnal dish.# Preheat the oven to 200°C (400F°) Gas 6.
- Put the oil in a roasting tin and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Using a small, sharp knife, peel the pumpkin or butternut, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into cubes, about 2.5 cm.
- Add the cumin seeds to the hot oil in the roasting tin, then add the pumpkin and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the pumpkin from time to time until tender and golden brown.
- Put the mozzarella, butter, garlic, sage, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper to taste into a food processor. Blend to a coarse paste. Transfer to a sheet of greaseproof paper and roll into a cylinder. Chill for at least 20 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pan. Add the roasted pumpkin. Slice or dice the mozzarella butter and add to the pasta. Toss, divide between 4 serving plates or bowls, top with sage leaves and serve immediately.