Pasta Recipe: Penne With Melted Ricotta And Herby Parmesan Sauce
- 350 g dried penne or other pasta
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g pine nuts
- 125 g rocket leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 250 g ricotta cheese, mashed
- 50 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Pasta is the archetypal fast food. This dish is fast and fresh, with the ricotta melting into the hot pasta and coating it like a creamy sauce. The pine nuts give it crunch, while the herbs lend a fresh, scented flavour.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the pine nuts and fry gently until golden. Set aside.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 4 tablespoons of the cooking water, and return both to the pan. Add the pine nuts and their oil, the herbs, ricotta, half the Parmesan and season to taste. Stir until evenly coated with the sauce.
- Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and serve immediately with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled on top.