Pasta Recipe: Fusilli With Salsa Verde And Chargrilled Cheese
- 300 g dried pasta, such as fusilli
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 g halloumi or provolone cheese, cut into 1-cm-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- #The salsa verde can vary according to the herbs you have to hand – parsley should always be the base, but feel free to add basil, tarragon or mint instead of the coriander.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa verde, put the anchovy fillets and capers onto a chopping board and, using a heavy knife, chop finely. Put the chilli and garlic on top and chop again until very finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add the herbs, mustard, 3 tablespoons of the oil and the vinegar.
- Heat the remaining oil in a stove-top grill pan until hot. Put the flour onto a small plate, add the black pepper and mix. Dip each cheese slice in the flour to coat on both sides, shaking off any excess. Cook in the grill pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the warm pan. Add the salsa verde and toss to mix. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls, arrange the cheese on top and serve immediately.