Pasta Bakes: Three Cheese Baked Penne Recipe
- 350 g dried penne
- 400 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 300 g Fontina cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A baking dish, about 30 x 20 cm
- #This is a simplified version of that old-time favourite, macaroni cheese. The recipe calls for mascarpone rather than white sauce so there is no risk of lumps.# Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the warm pan. Add the mascarpone and stir to mix. Add the mustard, Fontina and Parmesan, with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix.
- Transfer to the baking dish and cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling.