Pasta Bakes: Oven-roasted Spicy Macaroni Recipe
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g dried small macaroni
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quartered crossways
- 200 g chorizo sausage, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 litre chicken stock
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 8 large, uncooked prawns
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of basil leaves, torn, to serve
- A heavy roasting tin
- #Inspired by paella, this is absolutely delicious, and never fails to impress and delight. It’s all cooked in the oven, so really couldn’t be easier.# Preheat the oven to 220°C (400°F) Gas 7.
- Put the cherry tomatoes into the roasting tin and sprinkle with the red onion, garlic and oil. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove from the oven and add the macaroni, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, stock, saffron and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and return to the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the prawns and bake for a further 5 minutes until the pasta and chicken are cooked. Sprinkle with basil and serve.