Pasta Bakes: Classic Lasagne Recipe
It is best to take the time to boil the lasagne first -if not, the pasta tends to draw moisture from the sauce as it cooks, and the finished dish can be dry.
Classic Bolognese Sauce Recipehttps://eatopic.com/recipe/classic-bolognese-easy-pasta-recipe/
- 500 g dried lasagne
- 1 litre milk
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 quantity Classic Bolognese Sauce
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, drained and diced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A baking dish, about 30 x 20 cm
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the lasagne sheets, one at a time so that they don’t stick together. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and tip the lasagne into a bowl of cold water. Drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- To make the white sauce, put the milk and garlic into a small saucepan and heat gently until warm. Melt the butter in a separate saucepan, then stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the warm milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove and discard the garlic clove. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of the Classic Bolognese Sauce into the baking dish, spread evenly across the base of the dish and cover with a layer of lasagne.
- Spoon over some white sauce and a few pieces of mozzarella and continue adding layers, starting with another layer of bolognese sauce and finishing with the white sauce and mozzarella, until all the ingredients have been used.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan, then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the top is crusty and golden.