Pasta And Tuna Fish Salad Recipe
- #For The Pasta Salad#
- 250 g / 1/2 lb bow-tie pasta, cooked
- 1 can oil packed tuna (about 200 g/7oz.) drained and broken into chunks
- 12 dried tomato halves, reconstituted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, stems discarded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- #For The Dressing#
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 – 2 drops hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- A handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- #This light main-dish pasta salad is a full meal in itself and a perfect one for the summer. Add other fresh vegetables if you like. Very thinly sliced fresh baby zucchinis will always give the additional crunch.# First make the dressing by whisking everything together. Let rest while you prepare the pasta salad. Flavors will develop and mature If dressing is made an hour or so before tossing everything together.
- Next cook pasta in salted boiling water until el dente. Drain and save some of the cooking liquid to mix in the pasta salad in case you think it is not moist enough.
- Mix in the chunks of tuna, dried tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. Add dressing by spoonfuls to coat ingredients generously and toss just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Spoon prepared pasta onto a bed of salad greens on each plate.