Party Food Recipes: Salmon Canapés Tartare
- 6 2 1/2-inch (6-cm) rounds white bread
- l oz (25 g) soft butter
- 2 leeks
- 10 oz (275g) smoked salmon
- 1 lime or lemon, sliced
- Dill or parsley sprigs
- Butter the bread rounds. Wash and trim the leeks, and slice into 2 1/2 inch (6-cm) lengths.
- Remove the outer leaves and blanch the centers in a little boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain the leeks and allow to cool. Roll out the leaves and trim exactly to cover each bread round.
- Coarsely mince the smoked salmon, divide onto the rounds and garnish each canapé with a slice of lime and a dill or parsley sprig.