Party Food Recipes: Colorful Canapes
- 14oz (400g) full fat cream cheese
- 4 fl oz (100 ml) soured cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika pepper
- 1 teaspoon mild French mustard 100g/4 oz soft butter
- 50-60 cheese biscuits
- 2 oz (50 g) blue cheese
- 2 oz (50 g) Cheddar cheese
- 2 oz (50 g) sliced smoked tongue
- Prawns, caviare, smoked salmon, sliced salami, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, chillies, gherkins, stuffed olives, truffles, radishes, walnuts, canned baby sweet corn cobs, capers, mushrooms, avocado pear cubes, mustard and cress; dill, parsley, strips of lettuce and fruit of your choice.
- Beat the cream cheese with the soured cream and salt until light and fluffy, then divide into three portions.
- Leave one portion on one side. Mix the second portion with the curry powder and sugar, and the third portion with the tomato ketchup and paprika.
- Work the mustard into the butter and use to butter the biscuits.
- Cut the blue cheese and Cheddar into small cubes and the smoked tongue into small pieces.
- Top each biscuit with a piece of cheese or smoked tongue.
- Place the three portions of cream cheese into separate piping bags fitted with star-shaped nozzles and pipe an equal quantity of biscuits with each flavour.
- Top the biscuits with any of the garnishes suggested, as shown in the photograph.