Pappardelle Pasta With Roast Fennel, Tomato And Olives
- 65ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 small courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 50g small black olives
- 400g fresh pappardelle pasta or Fresh Pasta Dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated manchego cheese, to serve
- #Roasting vegetables in the oven makes easy work of a pasta sauce. The vegetables soften and sweeten while they cook and there is no constant stirring involved as there is with hob-top cooking. This recipes calls for fresh pasta. Time permitting, you could always make your own pappardelle following the recipe on page 12 and freeze any leftover strands.# Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F) Gas 7.
- Put the oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the vegetables and the garlic to the roasting tin and sprinkle over the paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, giving the tin a shake after 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the olives. Cover and leave to sit while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions, or just until the pasta rises to the surface – it will cook much quicker than dried pasta. Drain well and return to the warm pan. Add the butter and toss well. Add the roasted vegetables and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with grated manchego to serve. This is a recipe from Twitter:
Looking for a quick pasta dish that’s packed with flavour? Our recipe for Bucatini pasta with oven-roasted tomatoes and basil is #beautifullysimple, made with fresh ingredients and ready in three steps. Pick up the ingredients in store. Find out more: https://t.co/iyZepVxisZ pic.twitter.com/sV8r9wx8bD — Waitrose (@waitrose) 19 Nisan 2018