Pancetta And Chicken Meatballs | Pasta Recipe
- 500 g chicken mince
- 50 g thinly sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 ml red wine
- 2 x 400-g tins plum tomatoes
- A pinch of sugar
- 300 g dried pasta, such as gnocchi or conchiglie
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #Meatballs are a time-honoured accompaniment to pasta. These delicious little mouthfuls are made with chicken, bacon and herbs, so are somewhat lighter than the traditional all-meat versions. Let’s start making pancetta and chicken meatballs recipe.# Put the mince, pancetta, spring onions, garlic, chillies, Parmesan and thyme into a bowl. Add plenty of salt and pepper and mix well. Using your hands, shape into 24 small, firm balls.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes, turning them frequently until browned all over. Add the wine and simmer vigorously for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Stir in the sugar, and add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then simmer very gently, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the sauce is rich and thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the warm pan. Add the meatballs and sauce to the pasta, toss well to mix, then divide between 4 bowls. Serve topped with extra Parmesan.