Oven-Dried Zucchini Recipe
- #Makes not quite 1 cup#
- 1 kilo / 2 lb zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- #The salty crunchy taste of zucchini pairs well especially with neutral to sweet tasting soups. My suggestion is to serve it with Pumpkin and Pear Soup. Add this as garnish to soups and salad you fancy. Sprinkle over omelettes. Oven-dry a large amount and freeze in airtight containers up to 6 months. Defrost before using.# Preheat oven to 275 °F /120 °C.
- Coarsely grate zucchini With peel. Discard the middle part with seeds. Toss grated zucchini with salt in a colander set in the sink.
- Put a plate on the zucchini and weigh down with a heavy can. Let zucchini drain for at least 20 minutes.
- Next squeeze out as much water as possible and blot zucchini dry between paper towels. Spread grated zucchini on a lightly oiled baking sheet separating evenly with fingers.
- Bake for one hour rotating pan to ensure even drying and browning. It would also help to remove pan from oven once or twice and mix grated Zucchini with a fork.
- Zucchini will reduce in volume by more than half as It dries.
- Remove from oven when all has completely dried and the zucchini Is crunchy to bite. Cool and transfer to an airtight container. Happy Eating!