Oven-Baked Tomatoes Recipe
- #These tomatoes adorn any antipasti plate beautifully. They can also be served as a side dish with grilled meats or fish. For a dramatic presentation deep-fry three handfuls of parsley leaves (Be careful! Spatters badly!) and pile them on the baked tomatoes.# Preheat oven to 450 °F / 230 °C.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove all seeds. Lightly oil an ovenproof dish and place all of tomatoes cut side up. Meanwhile sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of the oil and immediately add breadcrumbs.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Cover tomato halves with the crumb mixture. Drizzle remaining oil over the tomatoes. Place sprigs of thyme between them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until tomatoes turn soft and tops sizzle.
- Storage: The tomatoes will keep for about five days in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen for up to six months.