Monkfish in Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 14 oz-11/4 lb oz (425-625 g) monkfish, cut into 1-11/2 inch (2-3 cm) pieces
- 2 oz (50 g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 oz (50 g) butter
- 10 fl oz (300 ml) white wine
- 6 small tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped into quarters
- 6 fl oz (175 ml) double cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Coat the fish pieces with the flour and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil with the butter in a saucepan, add the fish and fry gently for 4—6 minutes or until cooked. Set the fish aside and keep warm.
- Pour any excess oil out of the pan. Add the wine and boil hard until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, cream and chives and boil for 2 minutes. Season to taste, stir in the monkfish and serve immediately.