Microwave Recipes: Ten Varieties of Beauty
The name of this recipe refers to the variety of vegetables in the recipe. TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 6-8 minutes.
- 4 tbsps oil
- 3 sticks celery, diagonally sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 3 oz snow peas
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 8 ears of baby com
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 10 water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 small can sliced bamboo shoots
- 10 Chinese dried mushrooms, soaked in hot water, stalks removed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Heat a browning dish for 5 minutes on HIGH. Pour in the oil and add the celery and carrots. Cook for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Remove from the dish and add the snow peas, red pepper and com. Cook for 1 minute on HIGH and place with the celery and carrots.
- Add the onions, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the dish. Cook for 1 minute on HIGH, adding the mushrooms after 30 seconds.
- Place with the rest of vegetables.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a glass measure. Cook 2-3 minutes on HIGH until thickened. Taste and add salt if necessary. Pour over the vegetables and stir carefully.
- Reheat for 1-2 minutes on HIGH before serving.