Linguine With Garlic And Chilli Clams | Pasta Recipe
- 1kg fresh clams, well scrubbed
- 400 g dried linguine or spaghetti
- 65 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 large red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 65 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
- #You will always see this dish on the menu at restaurants in Italy, especially in the coastal towns where good seafood is fresh, plentiful and cheap. It is one of those restaurant meals you can successfully cook at home in a flash. As always with dishes that have very few ingredients, the quality and freshness of those ingredients is key. Buy your clams as fresh as possible and try to find small ones. Let’s prepare linguine with garlic and chilli clams recipe.# Tap each clam lightly and discard any that won’t close.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies and cook until the garlic just starts to sizzle, flavouring the oil without burning. Increase the heat to high, add the wine and cook until it boils and has reduced by half.
- Add the clams, cover the pan tightly and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan to encourage the clams to open. Discard any clams that don’t open.
- Add the pasta to the pan, toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir In the parsley and serve immediately with good crusty bread on the side for mopping up the juices.