Italian Meatballs With Tomato Sauce And Spaghetti
- 300-400 g dried spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #tomato sauce#
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 x 400-g tins chopped tomatoes
- 20 g basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 250 g beef mince
- 100 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 25 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- #A simple tomato sauce is all that’s needed to go with these tasty meatballs. They taste great accompanied by a bottle of Chianti or another full-bodied red wine. Here you are delicious Italian meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti pasta recipe.# To make the tomato sauce, put the oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes and basil in a saucepan, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for at least 40 minutes while you prepare the meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F) Gas 6.
- Meanwhile, put the beef, breadcrumbs, eggs; Parmesan, parsley and oil in a large mixing bowl, season and combine with your hands. Shape the mixture into roughly 20 walnut-sized balls and put in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with foil. Roast for 10 minutes, turn, then roast for a further 6-7 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions. Drain well, return to the pan and add the tomato sauce and meatballs. Stir very gently so as not to break up the meatballs. Take out the onion wedges if you prefer. Divide between 4 serving plates or bowls and top with the basil leaves and grated Parmesan.