How to Scald, Stone, and Peel a Peach
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, immerse the peach in the boiling water, about 10 seconds.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the peach to a bowl of cold water. “This loosens the skin. If peaches are less ripe, leave in the boiling water longer”
- With a small knife, cut the peach in half, using the indentation on one side of the peach as a guide.
- Using both hands, give a quick, sharp twist to each half to loosen it from the stone. “If the peach clings, loosen the flesh from the stone with a knife.”
- Lift or scoop out the stone with a small knife and discard it.
- Peel off the skin from the peach halves. “Skin peels off in several pieces”