Root vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, and potatoes, are often diced before cooking. The size of the dice depends on the thickness of the initial slices.
How to Dice Carrots
Root vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, and potatoes, are often diced before cooking. There are some minor tips if you need your dice to be even and neat.
- carrots or other root vegetables
- Peel or trim the vegetable.
- If necessary square off the sides using a chefs knife to achieve a neat finish.
- Cut the vegetable vertically into slices of the specified thickness.
- Stack the slices on the chopping board and cut them into strips of the specified thickness.
- Gather the strips together into a pile and cut them crosswise to produce even dice. Cut across at even intervals for dice.
⇓ You may also listen to the instructions by pressing the play button below