Root vegetables, such as carrots, turnips, and potatoes, are often diced before cooking. The size of the dice depends on the thickness of the initial slices.
How to Dice Carrots
- carrots or other root vegetables
- Peel or trim the vegetable.
- If necessary square off the sides using a chefs knife to achieve a neat finish.
- Cut the vegetable vertically into slices of the specified thickness.
- Stack the slices on the chopping board and cut them into strips of the specified thickness.
- Gather the strips together into a pile and cut them crosswise to produce even dice. Cut across at even intervals for dice.
⇓ You may also listen to the instructions by pressing the play button below