Herbed Tagliatelle With Prawn Skewers | Pasta Recipe
- 350 g dried pasta, such as tagliatelle, linguine or fettuccine
- 20 uncooked tiger prawns, peeled with tails on
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 4 tablespoons olive oii
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- A handful of rocket
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- #A lovely, summery dish to make the most of fragrant garden herbs. Having the prawns on skewers adds a sense of occasion (and makes them easier to turn while cooking), but you can always cook them loose and add to the pasta just before serving. Let’s start together with the herbed tagliatelle with prawn skewers recipe.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat a stove-top grill pan until hot.
- Meanwhile, put the prawns in a bowl and add the garlic, dried chillies, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, then thread 5 prawns onto each skewer.
- Add the prawn skewers to the hot grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Remove and keep them warm. Add the lemon wedges to the pan and cook quickly for 30 seconds on each side.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pan. Add the remaining oil, rosemary, parsley, chives and rocket, with salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently, then divide between 4 serving bowls. Top each with a prawn skewer and a lemon wedge for squeezing, then serve.