Healthy Best Diet Recipes: Quick Coconut Curry
If you need a satisfying supper in a hurry then this is a great option. Supermarkets these days stock a wide variety of curry pastes, many of them are exceptional quality with all natural ingredients. Once you find a favourite paste it will become a great midweek supper. All of the vegetables cook in the sauce to keep all the nutrients, feel free to swap and change for your favourites. Don’t be put off choosing brown rice because you are short of time! This recipe uses microwavable pouches, widely available these days, and perfect to serve with this quick curry.
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- 50 g tenderstem broccoli, cut into smaller florets
- 1/2 medium red pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 200 g microwaveable brown rice
- 250 g skinless and boneless cod fillet (or other firm white fish), cut into bite-size chunks
- Small handful fresh coriander, tender stalks and leaves (optional)
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat; add 2 tablespoons coconut milk and the curry paste and stir. Heat until bubbling – this will only take about 30 seconds – then add the vegetables. Toss to coat them then add the remaining coconut milk.
- Heat the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Once the curry is bubbling, gently lower in the fish and cover with a lid to stop the steam escaping. Allow to bubble for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve in warmed bowls with the rice and scattered with coriander leaves if you have them to hand. Season if necessary.