Ham And Pea Fusilli | Easy Pasta Recipe
- 300g dried fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g cooked ham, chopped
- 200g peas, fresh or frozen (no need to thaw)
- 100ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 75g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black popper
- #This creamy dish is far richer in flavour than the short list of ingredients would have you believe. Not only that but it takes just 15 minutes to cook.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the shallot and garlic and fry over a low heat until soft.
- Put the ham, peas and cream in another pan and heat to a gentle simmer. Take off the heat and add the egg yolks, Parmesan and seasoning. Mix well so that the egg does not scramble. Finally, add the fried garlic and shallot, toss through the pasta and serve.