Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Nectarines Recipe
- 250 g / 8 oz package Halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 4 large nectarines, cut in half and pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125 ml / i/2 cup /4 fl.oz sweet dessert wine of your choice
- #For Garnish#
- Toasted sliced almonds and sprigs of mint
- #Here is another cheese and fruit dessert, which is worth trying. Salty and sweet, an unlikely combination of two flavors which compliment each other well. I like to serve this dessert after a light vegetarian meal.# Preheat oven to 275 °F / 120 °C.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow dish. Dip cheese on both sides and nectarines on cut side in sugar to coat.
- Heat a ridged grill pan and brush lightly with oil. Grill cheese slices and fruit in batches until brown grill marks appear. Keep warm by placing on a plate in the oven.
- Pour the wine into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow the alcohol to escape as you reduce wine only a little bit.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese and 2 nectarine halves on individual dessert plates and pour 2 tablespoons wine over. Drizzle honey in a thin stream forming a zigzag design.
- Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with sprigs of mint.