Golden Salad | Special Fish Recipes
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- 2 large oranges, peeled and divided into segments
- 2 dessert apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 young celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons walnut halves
- Curly endive or lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 thin orange slices, to garnish
- #ORANGE DRESSING#
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped chives
- Skin the mackerel fillets and slice each one into four pieces.
- To make the orange dressing, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the oranges, apples, celery and walnuts in the dressing. Carefully stir in the mackerel.
- Line a plate with the salad leaves, if using, and spoon the salad over. Garnish with the orange slices.