Incredibly simple to make, the filling for this tart miraculously turns into lime curd in the oven. You could replace the raspberries with blueberries or blackberries if you prefer.
PREP TIME: 25 min
COOK TIME: 35 min
READY TIME: 1 hour
CALORIES: 406 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 1 quantity or 250 g (8 oz) sweet shortcrust pastry
- 300 g (10 oz) raspberries
- Icing (confectioners) sugar
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) lime juice
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) cream
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) coconut cream
- ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Roll out pastry until it’s 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick. Place pastry in a deep 23 cm (9 inch) round tart tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Line pastry shell with non-stick paper and fill with baking weights or rice. Bake shell in a preheated 180°C (350°F) oven for 5 minutes.
3 Remove weights and paper, and bake for a further 5 minutes.
4 To make filling, combine lime juice, cream, coconut cream, sugar and eggs. Pour filling into pastry base and cook for 25 minutes or until just set.
4 Refrigerate tart until it’s cold and top with raspberries to serve.
Calories: 406 Kcal
Fat: 18.1 g
Sodium: 500 mg
Carbs: 53 g
Protein: 5.7 g
- For this recipe, you will need a 13- by 4-inch rectangular tart pan with a removable fluted rim, available at specialty cookware shops.