Fried Vegetables with Ginger Recipe | Chinese Diet Foods
- 2 ¼ lbs mixed Chinese green vegetables (cabbage, spinach, kale, broccoli, Chinese leaf etc.)
- 2 oz snow peas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green or red chili, sliced into strips
- 2 tsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- #To Serve#
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- #Use your imagination with this recipe and adapt it to whatever greens you can buy.# Cut greens into 3-inch pieces. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the sugar and salt.
- Add the snow peas and greens and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain green vegetables and discard water.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the vegetables and keep covered. Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir fry the ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the green pepper and chilies and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes. Add the blended sauce ingredients and stir well. Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the green vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately, sprinkled with sesame oil and pepper. #TlME: Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 13-15 minutes.#